Thursday, March 31, 2011

Blue Scholars: Coffee and Snow? Absolutely.

Now, as a fan of anything coffee-related and someone who loves winter, I felt it was only natural for me to share these two tracks by the Blue Scholars. These guys, as I've mentioned in a previous post, are from Seattle, WA, and truly know what intelligent rhyming is all about. MC Geo is flawless on the mic and DJ Sabzi has some incredibly intricate beats and hooks for his partner in rhyme to flow over.

Dope hoodie, Geo!!!!
To my ear, these guys remind me of Common Market (which is an obvious connection as Sabzi produces for that group), Atmosphere, Boom Bap Project, Visionaries and even Gangstarr.

So, kick back, relax and let the Blue Scholars entertain you. In my mind, the Blue Scholars are some of the best young artists out there.

"Coffee and Snow"


"Coffee and Snow 2"

No comments:

Post a Comment