Friday, April 8, 2011

Artist Profile: "Fortune Family"

Thanks to a close friend of mine, I recently came across a pretty talented, up-and-coming rap group from just outside Philadelphia -"Fortune Family." Unfortunately I don't know a lot about the group. However, I can tell you that three guys --Hobson, Reefer and Kane-- started the group fairly recently and their work really speaks for itself. They remind me of Chiddy Bang, and Xaphoon's undeniably catchy samples; in fact, a large portion of their songs employ samples to pack their melodic punch. 


Fortune Family calls Philly home...just like Chiddy Bang
Any one with a bit of sense can tell these guys might just be the next big thing. So, if I were you, I'd keep an eye out for "Fortune Family" in the future.

Here are some of their mixtapes:
1) http://www.datpiff.com/Fortune-Family-Paradox-mixtape.199648.html
2) http://www.fenmag.com/2010/04/27/listen-fortune-family-dead-rappers-society/

"Take Me Away"


"Let It Go"


"I Love High School"


"My Energy"

No comments:

Post a Comment